Virtually all property developers know that the internet is the best and most cost efficient way to promote their business. But, sadly, many fail to understand the importance of keeping their website up-to-date. As a result, their site becomes less and less effective as a marketing tool. To help you stay on top of your website, here are 14 reasons why you need to update your website regularly – and why you need a partner to make sure it all gets done:
- Mobile-friendly design – There are 19.4 million mobile phone users in Australia, and that number is certain to rise. If your website is not designed for easy viewing and navigation on mobile devices, you will have fewer visitors.
- Custom photos and images – It’s easy to go to Shutterstock to find images for your website, but that’s not the best approach. To most accurately reflect your company vision, it’s best to use your own photos and images. Take shots of you outside the most recent developments, capture your team – capture the quality of your builds.
- Effective calls to action – The whole purpose of a website is to entice visitors to take the next step toward buying your products or services – at least is should be. Every page of your website should contain a call-to-action button that’s specific to that page.
- Timely and useful content – You only get one chance to make a good first impression. If your content isn’t timely and useful, that first impression will likely be the last because that person will probably never visit your site again.
- SEO adjustments – Google is always tweaking their search algorithms. Remember, their goal is to deliver search results that most accurately reflect what the searcher is actually looking for. You must tweak your website SEO to match Google’s changes.
- Ease of navigation – If visitors can’t readily see how to get to the page on your site that answers their question or otherwise meets their needs, they’ll hit the back arrow in the blink of an eye, and probably never darken your virtual doorway again.
- Fast load times – Internet users are an impatient lot. Can you relate? The faster your pages load (completely load), the less likely the visitor is to grow impatient and leave without consuming your content.
- Easy and accurate “Contact Us” page – Whether you provide individual contact information for your staff on your “Our Staff” or “About Us” page, you must have a general “Contact Us” page for those who prefer not to make their first contact with a specific individual. Remember, it’s all about the prospect, not you.
- Fix or remove broken links – Nothing is more frustrating or alienating than visiting a site, seeing a link to something that looks interesting, and getting a “page not found” message when you click the link.
- Promote social icons – One of the best ways to attract quality contacts to your social media pages is through your website. So publish social icons in the same prominent place on all your pages.
- Company blog – We all know company blogs provide great SEO opportunities, but if you don’t regularly post (weekly at a minimum), you’re squandering that opportunity; not to mention the social engagement you’re missing out on.
- Annoying pop-ups – More and more websites have jumped on the pop-up bandwagon because it can be an effective sales tool. Make sure your pop-up works by making sure the content is super specific to your visitors needs.
- Color scheme – Just because you have every color in the universe at your disposal doesn’t mean you should use them all. There’s a lot to be said for color theory in marketing and branding.
- Autoplay – No matter how awesome that video you just produced is, don’t force visitors to watch it. If you publish it with an enticing title and a thumbnail image that’s actually attractive, qualified visitors will watch it.
Having a marketing partner in your corner can seriously help your website get ahead. We can organise a 8 hour a month 16 hour a month or more – depending on your needs – so just get S*** done – EVERY MONTH.
Contact us today to learn more about how periodically updating your website can keep it running smoothly and continue making you money.